Sell or Trade a used bicycle at our San Francisco Shop
At Columbus Cyclery, you can sell OR trade-in your bike — all year round!
We purchase most types of bikes!
- Only a limited amount of kids bikes.
- We do not purchase department store bikes such as Magna, Roadmaster, and a few other cheaper brands, EXCEPT for the period June/July/August.
- During June/July/August, we do purchase cheaper brands but can not expect to gain much for them.
- We do not purchase electric bikes.
- We do not buy bikes that have been to the “Burning Man” event. But we do sell bikes for the event.
While we continuously purchase bikes, at times our large inventory will slow our purchasing.
If you’d like to sell your bike, please always call ahead of time: (415) 561-9999
This will ensure that we have space for your bike.
However, you can trade your bike all year round
There is no limit for trade-ins, since one bike comes in and one goes out.
If you want to sell or trade your bike, and after you have called us, bring it to our shop.
Please bring along a valid form of identification. Absolutely required.
We do NOT give estimates over the phone
We will look at your bike together, maybe take it for a test ride if it is in running condition, and will make you an offer in a matter of minutes. Understand that the bicycle prices are much higher during Spring and Summer if you want to maximize your sale. We pay by check exclusively, and our checks can be cashed as soon as issued at our local Wells Fargo business branch opened 7 days a week. It is just a few blocks from the store.
Keep in mind that you also have the option of consigning your bicycle with us if you are not in a hurry to sell it.